COACHING FOR HEALTH
Health Coaching is designed to support people to effectively self-manage, while delivering substantive benefit to health and social care economies through more efficient use of resources.
Health Coaching combines coaching methodologies with psychological and behavioural change interventions to enable transformative conversations in health and social care settings.
Through our programs, practitioners can learn to use health coaching mindsets, skills and techniques in conjunction with their expert knowledge to enable service users to become more activated and take greater responsibility for their lives.
Our programmes are deeply rooted in the principles of person centred care, producing health coaching solutions that value the resourcefulness of service users, and support health care professionals to deliver compassionate high quality care.
There is a growing demand on health services
- People with long term conditions account for 50% of all GP appointments, 70% of all inpatient bed days and 70% of overall spend in the UK
- The number of people with three or more long term conditions is increasing rapidly
- Adherence rates for medicines are estimated at 30-50% and for lifestyle changes they are estimated at 10%
Our professional experience
TPC has driven the development of health coaching within the UK, delivering programs to thousands of health professionals and enabling organisations to develop the internal capacity to further develop their workforces through the use of methodologies. Our programmes are led by clinicians from a wide variety of healthcare backgrounds, who are professional coaches with business experience that understand the challenges facing the health sector in the 21st century.
The benefits of Coaching in Healthcare
- Increased patient activation
- Increases in preventative behaviours and self-management
- Improved practitioner-service user communication and partnership
- Long term sustained benefits in terms of cost reductions and service development
- Engaged practitioners who can more efficiently respond in how they deliver services and prevent future high use of resources